Wednesday, May 23, 2012

American Idol finale: Who's your bet?

I know I'll probably get a lot of hate for this since most of the Filipino community support Jessica Sanchez, but honestly I like Phillip Phillips better.

phillip phillips and jessica sanchez
Photo credit: Fox
To tell you the truth I hadn't bothered watching the show (I happen to abstain from television shows), and until my office mate sent me a video link of Phillip Phillips singing Stand By Me, I wasn't aware of him. Watching the video in Youtube, I was like, "omg, his voice..."

Phillip has the *swoon factor* and he has a unique voice. I've been in the Philippines for more than 20 years, and though it's undeniable that Jessica has the voice, I've seen her kind a thousand times. You would too if you live here. Heck, I've watched kids sing better than most international sensations.

Side note: Has anybody else noticed that Jessica looks a bit like Sarah Geronimo?

For me, Phillip is the better performer; he's the artist. He chooses a song and he owns it. He sings it with his style. Jessica has a great voice, but in a couple of songs she lacks emotional connection, which is probably due to her age.

American Idol is not just about having a great voice. It's about being able to perform too, to entertain, to move the crowd.

There, I've said my take. Nothing more to do but wait for the results.



Update:

He won! Congrats, you.

phillip phillips american idol winner

No comments:

Post a Comment