Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Shamcey Supsup wins third runner-up in Miss Universe

Philippine representative Shamcey Supsup brings pride to the country as she was crowned third runner-up in the 60th Miss Universe pageant held in Brazil today.

shamcey supsup

The beautiful Filipina was asked ""Would you change your religious beliefs to marry the person that you love? Why or why not?"

To which she replied,
"If I had to change my religious beliefs, I would not marry the person that I love because the first person I love is God, who created me. I have my faith and my principles, and this is what makes me who I am. And if that person loves me, he should love my God, too."

Wooow.

I like her answer because it is concise and straight to the point and it shows her strong spiritual conviction.

Today (and will probably be so in the next days and weeks), there have been numerous comments about the question asked by the judge, Vivica A. Fox, and Shamcey's answers.

Some say that Shamcey should have elaborated more, her answer was too short, and some applaud her for being direct and true. Honestly, I think that the question is a sensitive one, and one that cannot be judged without even a little bit of bias, as people almost always have a solid say on religion or lack thereof.

shamcey supsup


shamcey supsup


In the end, even though she did not win the grand title for Miss Universe 2011, Shamcey Supsup made women and her kababayans proud as well as her fellow University of the Philippines schoolmates, and Christians.

No comments:

Post a Comment